New Coach, New Teacher, Luke McAllister

Britton Kritzwiser, Editor

During the summer the boys soccer program got a fantastic new addition, Luke McAllister as head coach. During the short time he’s held the spot, he has completely revamped the team. As a whole they have already won more games than they did last season. While winning games he has also completely changed the culture of the boys program. Mr. McAllister has also accepted a spot to teach algebra one and freshman biology along with the coaching position. 

Last season, the boys soccer team had an abysmal record of 4-12-1. While this year they are already 4-4-1 with seven games left to play. The coaching style that he has implemented has given the boys team new life. When asked about the season so far he had this to say, “This year has been quite the year for the team and myself. We have battled hard all year and have improved quite a bit. The boys continue to work hard to improve everyday and you can see that in the results throughout the year. We have a lot of junior and senior leadership that has really worked hard to establish a culture of hard work, family and tradition. I am very lucky to be here coaching this group.”

The Tigers have suffered some nail biting losses this season. Having multiple games where one goal could decide the fate of the match (South Webster 1-0, Minford 2-1). They have also been able to pull out some thumping wins against teams such as Miami Trace (3-0), and Portsmouth West (4-0). Hopefully, the Tigers will be able to pull out a good standing in the SOC by the end of their campaign and make it far in the tournaments.